Saturday, January 6, 2018

Bald Eagles at Mineral Ridge 12/30/17

I had been wanting to get over to Idaho to check out the yearly gathering of bald eagles at Wold Lodge Bay and today was the day. The parking lot was pure ice and the trail was a combo of snow, slush and ice. My Microspikes were the perfect pieces of equipment for the conditions on the trail today. There were a couple of eagles in the trees by the parking lot but the trail looked inviting and likely would afford a higher vantage point. I hiked a total of about 3 miles and the top of the ridge is 2800+ feet I believe. Needless to say I was the only one on the trail but then again I was there pretty early. There are very spectacular views from the ridge of Lake Couer d' Alene. It was windy up at the top but not dangerously so. I saw a lot of eagles and ravens but didn't get many good photos. Well worth the trip however...

No comments:

Post a Comment