Sunday, June 3, 2018

Today's Morning Hike at Fishtrap Lake (Southwest Loop)

I got an early start on this hike to Fishtrap Lake and as usual, there was no one around.  I really needed my treated, tick repellent gaiters but I forgot them.  The trails were overgrown in many low lying areas.  No snakes seen and, despite going off trail a lot to avoid water and high grass, I did not get even one tick on me!  I hiked a total of 5 miles; mostly level which I chose because I am getting over some knee problems.  I walked the last mile on the road leading from the old Miller farm house to my parked car at the trail head further south. 

You will notice many burned or partially burned Ponderosa pine trees in my photos.  This is what happens when some IDIOTS shoot at exploding targets, in the wind, in extremely dry conditions like what happened a few years ago!
















No comments:

Post a Comment